I adore this woman for being as big of a fan of the f-word as I am. It makes my heart smile :). AND she appreciates the genius that is Kurt Sutter?! Super excited to introduce you to her. Christa Cervone is the author of the Down for the Count Series. Romantic and exciting… I’m in! What about you dear readers? Read on!
1) Tell us a little about your book. The Down for the Count Series features Gabriel “The Saint” Vega. He’s a boxer from the streets. He’s on the fast track to stardom, when a woman, Salem Harris, turns his world upside down. She stirs up feelings he’s never felt before. Will Salem give him the one thing he’s never known—love? Or will she end up breaking his heart?
2) What is your favorite part about writing? When I can actually make sense of all the nonsense jumbled in my brain. Least favorite? It seems when I’m actively writing a story another one pops into my head. Then it becomes the battle of the two stories.
3) A director tells you that you have complete control over casting the movie version of your book. Who plays who? Jenny McCarthy or Chelsea Handler
4) If your house was burning down and you could save one thing, what would it be (don’t say photo albums, everyone says photo albums)? Well, first of all who even has photo albums anymore? Second, my pets no questions asked.
5) If you could choose what one message that a reader takes away from reading your book, what would it be? I write about the struggles of real life. You’re not going to get a rich handsome man who swoops in a saves the day of a damsel in distress. You’re going to get real life struggles, difficult choices, tears, heartbreak, laughter, hot sex, and WTF moments. My stories are about second chances and I firmly believe everyone deserves a happily ever after.
6) Imagine a world where everyone wears a t-shirt that says something about who they are as a human being, i.e. “Doesn’t play well with others” or “Don’t talk to me until I’ve had coffee.” What would yours say? “Fuck off and die” or “I’m surrounded by idiots” or “You’re the sperm that won out. Oh, I’m so sorry” and “It ain’t going to lick itself” (I actually own that shirt)
7) Who has been your biggest supporter in your writing? My husband. He’s my driving force in this insane world. He doesn’t let me quit even when I want to. He keeps me grounded and reminds me everyday how lucky I am to have him.
8) What writer do you admire the most and why? I like to refer to him as my soul mate, my future husband, and my spirit animal. He’s a brilliant writer, an evil genius and the creator of Sons of Anarchy and Bastard Executioner. Mr. Kurt Sutter.
9) If you had only one book to read for the rest of your life what would it be? Oddly enough, I never re-read books.
10) Favorite quote about writing, life or otherwise: I like to sum up my life in movie quotes. Some of my favorites: “Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker” John McClane – Die Hard “Oh, God, the pressure of a name… Cinde-fucking-rella!” Kit Deluca – Pretty Woman And as you can see there’s a theme here. I’m a fan of the “F” word.
Book title: On the Ropes
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Christa-Cervone/e/B00BM6Y4LC/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1433875305&sr=8-1
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6590569.Christa_Cervone
Please attach author photo and book cover when you send back your answers. Thanks!